Friday, June 6, 2008

Caught in the Act


So I need some advice. My wonderful, pesky children have indulged themselves in a controversial act. Some might laugh, others might cry. I'm not sure what to think so I need an outside opinion :-).

First Wednesday services at New Hope Church are our communion services. The pastor's kids (ie mine) have decided that the communion cups (grape juice) are just the right size for their little mouths. Between the two of them, they chugged around 30 cups on Wednesday night.

Do you think God is displeased? Or should we lighten up a bit and recognize that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these? :-)

Thank you Ronni Carrick for the wonderful picture!!

4 comments:

Jack said...

Haha I noticed that not only did Mekenna take communion like 20 times on Wedensday...she also did it like 20 more at Journey the other night

Steve said...

It's a good thing we don't use wine!

Holiday's Review said...

hahahaha... First I have to laugh because I walked around with them as they partook in the Holy sacraments that fateful evening. Secondly, Don't be surprised if one of your dear little ones wakes up to a wet bed. Thirdly, I think you could use opportunities like this to begin to teach them the idea of communion... although I don't think I fully understood it until a few years ago. Also, It may have been a good way to not waist food and beverage? I guess what I would say to this is that malicious intent was not their underlaying motive(unless they directly disobeyed you by drinking it? and in that case it probable has more to do with following directions than taking communion). In addition, I would say that if you are fine with your kids drinking from the communion table that other kids watching may want to join in...

Don't take advise from me though. I am only a very passive 21 year old hanging out with your two kids hoping they will learn to love G-d as you and I do! Thanks for letting me be a part of their lives!

katie said...

I love it...had to even open up a little google acct so I could comment you because picturing them taking the sacraments made me laugh. Gotta keep em holy somehow right?!?!